Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The GAIN in Bargain

ALAS,
a totally unprecedented concept...it cost (alot) of money to lose weight.
Work out clothes: $30
Healthy food/reinvention of pantry: $80

cost of losing weight: priceless?

Today I went grocery shopping after a bit of research for foods that are healthy and I may ACTUALLY enjoy, as opposed to the cardboard food diet...I may have been successful if you consider an empty pocketbook and stocked pantry an accomplishment. So for my snacks I have no-fat plain yogurt in which I plan to add fruit and/or granola to, honey roasted almonds, cereals, 100 calorie packs and other yummy fruits and such.
For dinner I'm going to cook up some tofu stir fry! yum! I also love asparagus and broccoli so I will make those a regular friend at my house.

Also, if you MUST know I did have a minor lapse in judgement but it could have been worse. I ate subway for dinner. Tuna with lettuce and onion...sooo good! I can proudly say I SKIPPED the chips ( that's probably the first)! I did have Diet Coke ( CANCER I know....but I simply CAN NOT live without) though it was only a little bit (none of that 60 cent 32 oz gas station crap going on). Anyway tuna has protein and I did add some veggies and skipped on extra mayo.
SO today was...a mediocre day but I'm going to tell myself that it could have been worse and tomorrow will be better!
back to school tomorrow...three more semesters...just ...keep...going....

J F C,

Mrs. Pattinson

3 comments:

  1. #1) WHERE'S WEDNESDAYS POST! Im so ready to read! #2) Yay im so proud! You're also giving me a lot of motivation to try and stay strong with this. You're doing AWESOME so far! After my birthday dinner tomorrow, thing should start falling into place for me. Seeing you taking all the right steps towards a healthier life makes me really want to kick my butt into gear with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So waiting to read about your Friday.

    ReplyDelete